March 18, 2020
Communication tools & resources for ministries navigating COVID-19
Well, this is fun.
Depending on the minute, I’m somewhere between enthusiastic about the opportunity and exhausted by the challenge that is before the Church in this season of change and uncertainty in our nation. No matter my feelings, though, Jesus is still on the throne, and he is the conquerer of fear, panic and anxiety. Amen?!
For this post, though, I’m leaning into my positivity and going with enthusiasm. We have a unique opportunity to be a shining light in our communities for Jesus in ways we’ve never been before.
I wanted to share some links, resources and tools your ministry might find helpful in this time. As I come across more, I’ll update this post. If you’ve got something to share, please send it my way.
Messaging for Closures
As we need to make decisions about where and how to meet, we need to effectively communicate these changes with words that cultivate respect, hope and peace; not anger, panic and fear. Here’s a few links to churches who are doing this especially well:
- Messiah Lutheran Church – Nampa, ID
- Calvary Lutheran Church & School – Lake Highlands, TX
- Blackhawk Church – Madison, WI
- St. John’s Lutheran Church – Two Rivers, WI
What an opportunity to point our brothers and sisters in Christ to additional resources to both grow in their faith and easily share with others. The digital resources below are all available on-demand, 24/7:
- Time of Grace: Daily devotionals, blogs, video content and so much more!
- Witness in Love: Witnessing courses and resources from Truth in Love Ministry. What better time to learn how to share Jesus with others!
- Him + Her Worship: Add some lovely worship music to your at-home services with Him + Her Worship’s YouTube channel. Good stuff.
- She Reads Truth: Women in the Word of God every day. Daily reading plans, devotionals, a podcast and more.
Note: Some of the links on this page may be affiliate links. This means if you make a purchase or sign-up through those links, you won’t pay a penny more, but we’ll get a small commission, which helps us keep the lights on over here! Thank you for your support!